ccKane (Sweden)

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ccKane, Feb 16, 2020.

1. ccKane

Expand Collapse

IGN (In Game Name): ccKane

Timezone: CET

Do you have a good quality mic?: Yes.

Do you have Telegram?: Yes.

How many hours can you put in the server per week: Around 17-20 hours a week.

Any previous punishments on any other server and why?: I've not received any punishments on other servers that I've played on because I know myself how annoying it is when someone spamms the chat or hacks on a server, so I don't want other people to feel the same way as I do when players annoyes me.

Any past experiences in being a staff member?: Throughout my time playing on Minecraft Servers, I have gained a lot of experience staffing on other Minecraft Servers. I first started staffing when I was young - around 12. Here I'll list the most significant servers that helped me learn the most and helped me get towards where I am now in staffing.

SkyMetro
    Description: SkyMetro was a very large Skyblock server that I was apart of. There were very many YouTubers that participated such as BenMascott, Target3DGaming - (These were the main 2 YouTubers that kicked off the server to average 1,000 odd players 24/7). I applied within the first day or two of the server opening already knowing a lot about the server and having a strong connection with the community. I applied and was accepted for an interview within a week. My interview was accepted and that is where that journey began. At SkyMetro, I learnt how to professionally act on a server and how to handle lots of stress with many users needing assistance at once. I learned the true meaning of teamwork and it was there that I was started my Skyblock Staffing career. I also learned how to punish appropriately and act maturely as a Staff Member. After a while, the Owner started to stop giving the server as much attention as he was for unknown reasons and the server obviously started to slow down - a quote from my manager was: "Youtubers stop making videos when they stop getting paid." So I can assume that you know why SkyMetro started to rapidly lose players down to an average of 400 players per day compared to the original 1000 odd players. There was still that really strong community that stayed together, and just before the server started to lose the player base, I was promoted to a Moderator. It soon came the time when the server wasn't getting anywhere near enough attention from the Owner and no updates were coming out so the server essentially died. Then it was when the Owner officially closed the server. SkyMetro was by far the best experience in staffing that I've ever had and I'm very grateful for it. Taught me lots.

TheArchon
    Description: After SkyMetro closed down, the main Developer of SkyMetro asked any current Staff that still wanted to staff on another Skyblock/Factions server to DM him on discord. Most did, including myself, resulting in myself and most of the staff being transferred over to TheArchon. TheArchon was purchased off of TheCampingRusher by the Owner of SkyMetro (alexfsinger, trkey, or Alex). After being transferred there, it was enjoyable for a good month and a half-ish until management really started going down on Staff Members pretty much introducing a new ruling system that we had to be online for an excessive amount of time which was completely unreasonable for me especially at that time where I was having tough times IRL. I explained that to the Manager, and I was offered long term leave, however, I decided to resign then. This was purely because I wasn't enjoying the fact that it was more of a chore than something I actually enjoyed doing at this point. Although it wasn't as good as SkyMetro, I still learned a lot more and learned how to work with an even bigger team. TheArchon was great and it was a pleasure to Staff there too.

DrakunMC
    Owner
    Description: I'll make this one short and sweet - I was about 12 years old, and at that age, I saw plenty of sense in making my own Minecraft server as a lot of people that age tried and miserably failed. I was one of those people, however, even though the server was never exactly successful, I still chose to include this in my experience because it did teach me quite a bit. It taught me a lot about trust-worthiness and many of the administration server-sided things that had to be dealt with. It allowed me to have much greater respect for people that manage the administration side of things on any Minecraft server. Although now I believe I would be 110% better then I was in the past, it was still a great learning experience.

Why do you want to become staff?: Being a staff member for Minecraft servers in generally is always a goal. It allows me to help those in need rather than just being able to advise someone, as well gives me a new take on Minecraft itself. Being "that person" the community seeks for help is something I strive for in all situations, real or gaming. When it comes to JuicyMC specifically, over the past month I've been on the Discord Server I've come to love the community and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Now it is my chance to provide that same love and support back in a new role as potential staff.

Why should we accept you as staff?: I personally believe I should be chosen over somebody else as a Staff Member as I have got a lot of experience, with previous staffing interactions and I also have a lot of experience and knowledge on JuicyMC itself and the community. I feel as though since I've been apart of JuciyMC now for a good while, I know a lot of the ins and outs of the server and how it runs. This will be very beneficial for me as a Staff Member as I'll be able to share that experience with players that will need my help, and it will overall make the experience of myself and the rest of the community a whole lot better. This also accounts for my previous experiences on quite large skyblock servers. I also believe I would be a great candidate for Helper considering my timezone. I live in Sweden, and even though this is an American based server, there are still a good amount of people that play during the afternoon time in Sweden which is where it is the early hours of the morning in the US. This will help Staff Members be online pretty much 24/7 having different Staff Members from different countries.

Additional Information: My real life name is David and I enjoy mountain biking as a hobby.